How to be Saved
Below are the basics of becoming a Christ follower. I ask that you take the time to read through each of these steps.
1. Realize God loves you. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” The Bible teaches that regardless of your background, age, race, or any other factor, God loves you and desires a genuine, personal relationship with you.
2. Realize everyone is a sinner. The Bible says in Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” No one is perfect. We have all broken God’s commandments. This is called sin, and it separates us from God.
3. Realize sin has a price that must be paid. Romans 6:23 tells us, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” The “wage” or payment for our sin is death, which according to the Bible is eternal separation from God in a place called Hell.
4. Realize Jesus Christ died to pay the price for your sin. Romans 5:8 says, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” If we choose to accept Christ, we do not have to pay the price of death and Hell for our sins because Jesus paid for our sins when He died on the cross and rose again three days later!
5. Finally, pray and ask Jesus Christ to be your Savior, and claim His promise of eternal life. In Romans 10:13 the Bible says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” That is a promise directly from God that if you will pray to Him, confess that you are a sinner, ask Him to forgive your sins, and accept Him as your Savior, He promises to save you and give you the free gift of eternal life.